等级:★★★
版块:灌水乐园(goldjohn,沧海一声笑,)
信誉:100%
回复:0
阅读:469
时间:2010-09-17 10:03:00  编辑    加入/取消收藏    订制/取消短消息    举报该贴    

Location Matters

CREDIT: MIWA SASAI

Plasmacytoid dendritic cells (pDCs), an immune cell specialized to respond to viral infections, use Toll-like receptors (TLRs) 7 and 9 expressed in endosomes to sense viral nucleic acids. Triggering of TLR7 or 9 results in the induction of two distinct signaling pathways, one that leads to the production of proinflammatory cytokines and another that induces the expression of antiviral type I interferons. How one receptor can trigger two distinct signaling pathways, however, is not clear. Sasai et al. (p. 1530) now show that subcellular localization is key. Cells from mice deficient in the Adapter Protein 3 (AP-3) complex, which regulates protein sorting to intracellular vesicles, did not produce type I interferons in response to TLR9 ligand, but proinflammatory cytokine production remained intact. AP-3 was required for trafficking of TLR9 from early endosomes, where proinflammatory signaling can occur, to lysosome-related organelles, where the signaling machinery required for type I interferon induction is located. Such spatial segregation may represent a common mechanism whereby activation of one receptor can result in the induction of multiple independent signaling cascades.

问题讨论没有结束...
您尚未进入本论坛,登录之后才可以回贴
用户名:密码:    游客  新用户免费注册
5msec

版权所有 中国化学化工论坛 
可转载本站文章 但请务必注明出处 本站法律顾问 方利律师  
www.ccebbs.com E-Mail:ccebbs00@126.com
Chinese Chemistry and Chemical Engineering BBS